jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Peace Cottage - Lisa Kent

Peace Cottage by Lisa Kent
This book starts out with a mother who's lost her spouse and with her two teen daughters they travel from VT to Maine to find themselves. The come across a store that leads them to a cottage that is deplorable but
Lucy is able to clean it up and the family is happy to have found the place. Girls are wrapped up in their life studies and work that gives time to Lucy to find her new self again. With her 51st birthday she is once again able to knit. She hates how they just walked away from everything in VT and reaches out to her family and parents and the sisters visit one Thanksgiving.
Some days are harder than others and she fears the time that both girls will be away at college-just next year. The landlord gave them a break on the rent after she cleaned the place spotless and they don't know much about Jack. Love the travel excursions they go on and the treasures they find that make their home complete.
Teared up a few times reading the words and thinking of myself in her position and that they are in such a healing place.
Love that they have found a church as it's Christmas time and we always grew up with the Advent calendars.
As the story goes on you find out the details of why they had to leave the town in VT and what Jack is hiding from them. Didn't see the ending as written and loved it as is.
Such memories and treasures. beautiful story.