jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews

request book review

Greetings Fellow Book Reviewer

As a fellow reviewer of over 3000 books, I’d like to introduce you to author, D.J. Wilson, and his Ride Series. Ride to Redemption and Ride To Restoration are currently published and available on Amazon. His third novel in the series, Ride To Retribution, will publish this fall.

D.J. Wilson, by his own admission, is currently remaking himself after suffering through the great financial crisis of 2008, losing millions of dollars in real estate, along with his businesses, his home and his twenty-five year marriage. Though his writings reflect heartache and loss, they convey hope that redemption brings by paying it forward, regardless of circumstance. His travel is extensive, his ride, breathtaking, across Tennessee, the west and Canada. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to toss in a tangled web of love and betrayal that is somewhat on the risqué side. Think of it as written for women, featuring sizzling romance, sprinkled  with sex, written from a guy's perspective.

I invite you to read and review his novels, as I have, paying it forward, if you will, in the hope that we can assist him in his quest for redemption and renewal. His life story is a novel in itself, filled with outstanding highs and devastating lows. Someday, I hope he’ll share his story with us.

Synopsis:

It's apparent, a little startling, even refreshing, to see the author blending life stories and maxims with compelling, spellbinding fiction wrapped in a twisted love story.

Righting another’s wrong landed D in the witness protection program and cost him family, friends, and everything of substance in his life. Loneliness is his constant companion until he meets Candi, the girl of his dreams. He and Candi embark on a three-week ride to redemption where they deal with mind-numbing deceit, perilous treachery, their overpowering lust for each other and their personal demons.

Nevertheless, new opportunities bring a chance to begin again. And, it doesn’t hurt that he’s got 200 pounds of illicit diamonds to use to ease the pain of those wronged. He will continue the redemption process by way of a well thought out plan involving a 5,000-mile adventure through the Western United States and Canada.

When D meets Candice, aka Candi, she captures his heart, mind and soul the instant she ‘inadvertently’ almost runs him down in the Starbucks drive-thru. Candi joins him on his three-week, two-wheeled ride to redemption, where they’re forced to face their personal demons, while dealing with wanton lust, mind-numbing deceit and perilous treachery.

Spectacular scenery and a cast of unforgettable characters they meet along the way makes the journey memorable, but nothing prepares them for the sacrifices they must eventually make midway in the ride.

“The more things change, the more they stay the same,” sadly, does not ring true for Candice and D throughout this first of a three part series. Lust and greed are forever game-changers, even for those who desperately seek redemption.

Mega Meal Challenge, A Dream Worth Sharing.

Every e-book sale from our Ride Series generates

a $1.00 donation to Second Harvest Food Bank,

which in turn, generates 3 meals for those across America

needing a little extra help. My goal of a hundred thousand meals purchased

through our Ride Series may be lofty, but not unreachable. Thanks to you,

we've surpassed fifty thousand meals to date. Your purchases, along with your fair

and honest posted reviews, inspire me to wake up each day

with a new story to share from my ongoing Ride.

About the book:

Ride to Redemption (Ride Series Book 1) by DJ Wilson

ASIN:  B00LWHIPJ8

Publisher: Riscatto Publishing

Publish date: July 16, 2014

Page count: 282

Price: $9.00 print, $2.99 ebook

About the author:

D.J. Wilson is a free-lance writer, romance / adventure author and blogger, featured on many sites, including the Huffington Post.

At present, his writings blend life stories and real locales with just enough fiction to keep his readers guessing as to what is real and what is not.

In the last 18 months, along with his recurring blogs, he has written and published Ride To Redemption and the sequel, Ride To Restoration. His third novel, Ride To Retribution, is in the works.

"Life is not waiting for the Storms to Pass, It's Learning to Dance in the Rain."

REVIEWERS PLEASE NOTE:

Note: The author is available for interviews/guest posts.

Review copies of this book are available by replying to this e-mail (jbarrett5@cox.net) or you can contact the author at riscattopublishing@gmail.com

These formats are available:

Paperback

PDF

MOBI

ePub

PLEASE NOTE YOUR PREFERENCE and include your mailing address if you opt for the paperback version.

THERE IS NO DEADLINE FOR REVIEWS TO BE POSTED