jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Past Perfect: A Novel - Danielle Steel

Past perfect by Steel_ Danielle
Cybil and Blake married almost 20 years and they have 3 kids-2 in high school and one in first grade, born and raised in NYC and love it there.
Blake gets an offer in San Fran and goes out to check it out-there is nothing that will keep him from going there and making tons of money-he has to persuade his wife and kids to go also...
Not only did he take the job but bought a huge house, very old for them to move into.
20,000 square feet 1902 house with storage that included all art and furniture. Cybil loves the place and the move will give her time to finish writing her book and still do design work if the offers come.
They all arrive with their high tech devices and it's quite the contrast to what the house is all about...
Eathquake occurs and things are moved to new locations prior to that.... Youngest keeps thinking there are hidden passages and ghosts...
Cybil had seen the prior residents as ghosts and tries to explain what she saw when she sees the pictures on the walls.
She reads the family historical book and finds out who they all are and calls in someone who specializes in ghosts and he tells her they feel comfortable there and she wants them gone!
Like how the families meld but i still think it's very weird. What Cybil finds in the book and acts on it is really weird! Servants think the whole family is crazy talking to themselves as they can't see the old family.