jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
The Most Hated Man in America: Jerry Sandusky and the Rush to Judgment - Mark Pendergrast

The Most Hated Man in America: Jerry Sandusky and the Rush to Judgment by Mark Pendergrast
Very disturbing adult situations and abuse, be warned. Very explicit details but it's necessary as the case comes together.
Feel this was a minute by minute collection of data with people involved and how all the facts come to light and how some are not used in the trial at all.
I followed this case in the news and not sure I've heard all the details so was happy to get a copy of this book to learn more information.
Loved hearing of the charity he started but soon after events come to light and charges are brought against him, pedophile and charged with molestation.
Book starts prior to when he was charged and follows the leads.
After 45 come forward I couldn't understand why his wife stood behind him, now I know why, he was really innocent. took the fall for others.
Learned about the techniques used to get the boys to state what had been done to them by reason of suggestion in some cases.
So much was never allowed in the court trials, see it happen so often now in trials. Nobody wants to hear/know the real truth.
Like memory discussions and do wonder if he was really innocent-as today's news and media prosecutes others for crimes without a trial.
So much went wrong in the gathering of information and facts and so much speculation and the media ran with that.
Much is covered about his life prior and current, enjoyed learning about his family histories over the centuries.
Love foot notations as they arise in the story and listed in detail as to how the information was found.
I received this review book from the author and this is my honest opinion.