jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Accepting the Moon: Prequel (Moonrising Book 1) - K. S. Haigwood, Ella Medler

Accepting the Moon: Prequel (Moonrising Book 0) by K. S. Haigwood
Starts with a table of contents and listing of other works by the author.
Book has chapters of characters names as you hear about their side of things that are happening.
Mena is leaving her spouse because he's cheated on her, and Marc is now abusive as well.
Story also follows Jaxon and Phoenix who we learn what they are all about.
Big confrontation at the motel and Jaxon gets away with Mena on his back and fights through the demons to a safe area.
We learn what they have in common along with what will occur in the future as she is bitten by her ex and she will now take on transformations.
Book starts out so normal til you realize they are talking about vampires and werewolves. I was always fascinated as a teen and watch Dark Shadows as it was filmed near our house in RI.
Have also watched Twilight series and am currently watching The Originals.
What I like best about this prequel is that it not only has definitions for the words used but the author tells you her interpretation of things as they appear in the book. I've read many other shifter books and so far just this prequel is so good that I read it on the weekend and I don't read books on the weekend.
Can't wait to start the first book in the series as I know the background of the characters.
Free on Amazon