jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
The Thursday Night Club and Other Stories of Christmas Spirit - Steven Manchester

The Thursday Night club and other stories by Steven Manchester
Have read other works by this author and have enjoyed them all immensely.
This collection of holiday stories will reach age group. Talks of times when things were simpler and not as commercialized as the holidays are today.
Love memories of visiting the shrine with all the lights, right at dusk and everything goes quiet as the lights go on. Slow down and enjoy the reason for the season.
Also up the road to the railroad and ferris wheel where weather is always 10 degrees colder there than anywhere else. We have recently visited these places doing research of things to do when grandchildren visit.
I love that the author can bring you into the book with such detail you can picture it all in your head. Love additional, new to me holiday stories because they also bring up great memories of caroling around the relatives house each year where we'd bring our own musical instruments of a pot with a spoon to bang on while we all sang. We'd stop in for a cookie and milk then all would leave to go to the next house.
Have to bring the newer generations up to speed because it's all about the simple easy things.
Loved all the books equally as each will bring a smile to your face. This author knows how to write and can't wait to read the new stories.
Received a review copy from the author and this is my honest review.