jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Christmas by the Sea: A Surf's Up Novella - Beth Wiseman

Christmas by the Sea: A Surf's Up Novella by Beth Wiseman
Have not read any books by this author and know I will seek them out for the future as I really enjoyed the read.
Seems to lifelike to me as the Galveston area just went through a cat 5 hurricane and left devastation to many for many months.
Book starts out with Parker and he's late leaving the island after evacuation is announced. He gets caught up and his leg is trapped under the rising water. He prays to God that he gets to see his son again and he hopes his deceased wife will be his guardian angel.
Book also follows Alexandria who's just leaving the area and notices the man and leaves her car, calls 911 for help and attempts to help him. Her father is not doing well and she knows it won't be long til he passes away.
She gets to him but is not able to free him and he tells her to go and don't look back as the last attempt for him to breathe has come and gone. EMT's do arrive in time but she's not able to accompany him to the hospital. Love that she stayed with him til he was free and she kept his mind off his troubles by talking about his family.
He also keeps her mind off things as she describes the Christmas holiday and eating fish tacos with her dad along the beach.
Story is so much like real life it is scary. She knows she will never see him again and him her as they don't even know each others last names.
Can't wait to read more from this author. Other books and excerpts are included at the end along with author bio information.
Received this review copy via Amazon from Story Cartel and this is my honest review.