jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Daksha the Medicine Girl - Gita V. Reddy

Daksha the Medicine Girl
Story is about a girl who is an orphan and she is able to spend the winter in the Himalaya Mountains where she helps a doctor with medicines all winter long and watches what he does to help others.
The next winter she stays and the old man goes to live with others closer to town. There are a handful of others there and they all huddle together in the houses to keep warm and prepare meals. A military group were thrown out of their jeep and she is the one that can help repair the injured man.
Love how she watches anther animal to see the movements of the arm and how it should move. After the winter thaws they leave and go to the military town. She receives a note about visiting because they want her to go to school to learn how to be a doctor and they will pay for everything.
Love the opportunity that is offered to her. Really enjoyed this story as I had just read a very long book about the area but they were missionaries who taught women in the tribes about health and taking care of their children.
Especially loved hearing of what she used in the wilds that helped others with ailments.
Received this review copy from the author via Goodreads and this is my honest opinion.