jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
The Award: A Novel - Danielle Steel

The award by Danielle Steel
Enjoy the author's works and know I will enjoy this one.
Starts out Giella and she's about to get the award. Chapters go back to when she was 16.
Rebecca came from Germany, Giella's best friend. The Jews are being forced from their homes.
One day she sees them take Rebecca's family and throw them into a truck and they disappeared. She tracks them down and visits and is able to talk to Rebecca and even gives her a coat with promises to come the next day.
She visits through Christmas and for many months later always bringing foods and clothes for the family.
Story tells what she had to do to survive and she ends up in the fashion industry.
Love hearing of the model world, travel, the art world and the places she visits.  Tragedies and there are happy times also from both sides of the ocean.
Really enjoyed this book and glad she went on with her life but went back to her past endeavors... Didn't like that the author didn't spend as much time devoted to all of her children...