jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Powerboat Racer - Thomas Hollyday

Powerboat Racer by Thomas Hollyday
Have read other works by this author and have enjoyed the books.
This one starts out with John Loggerman and he's arrived in the USA in hopes of meeting up with his daughter who he's not seen in ten years.
His ex wife keeps her nearby and she lives in the Tinker community where they walk around with machine guns. John learns Stephanie, his daughter, is on a mission and not able to see him.
She does contact him via phone and tells him she has to do what she's told or her mother's life is in danger.
He just wants his products boarded so he can get out of there, with his daughter. The protestors don't want him to have the products nor leave..
Fond memories of one year's boat race on the water during July, a yearly event. Story follows many different angles and is still full of twists and turns. Lots of action.
Like learning how using codes the Tinkers sends messages about their events.
Like technical talk of how to balance the ship.  Brutal savage attacks-very detailed with descriptions.
Especially like that this book is good for a man or woman. It will hold their interests til the end. Other works by the author are highlighted at the end.
Received the book from the author and this is my honest review.