jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Katie's Quest (Call to the Jungle Book 1) - Lee Carver

Katie's Quest by Lee Carver
Starts out with Katie and she's just landed in the Amazon to help the doctors tending to the residents.
She's a nurse and is able to do a lot of work on a daily basis as she picks up on what's wrong with the patients. She's lost her loved one and vows never to date a pilot again.
The story also follows Matt who's a pilot and also helps relocate the team to other areas every several days.
Like this book because of the help others are lending to those in need, the detailed descriptions of the location.
We learn more about Matt's loved one and Katie's past loved one as they help the communities with medical help.
Katie learns about who the people pray to and more about their religion.
So much is taught about the area, the illnesses and what to watch out for. Love how they are able to stay just a few days in the same area as they travel to others who need their help.
Much praying is done along the way, sometimes it's everyday devotional scripture reading. Other days it's silent prayers to yourself.  Medical emergencies and being kidnapped was not in the plan.
Like how each trip is with different doctors and different locations but same theme: teach others how to take care of themselves, love fishing expedition.
Love how much of an impact they have to the river dwellers.  Excerpt from the next book is included.
I was given the book by the author via Book Fun (The Book Club Network) and this is my honest review