jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Never Say Never (Conch Town Girl) - Daniel J Barrett

Never Say Never by Daniel J. Barrett Book starts out with Joe and his Coast Guard friend heading to meet up with others. The FBI alerted the FL officials about a possible terrorist threat. As we live in the northeast we are very familiar with the events of the Boston Marathon bombing at the finish line... and also of the airport shooting as we have relatives close by there. The man landed from Boston and with his two friends ended up killing a guard and wounding two others. Joe and Mark meet up with other officials to find out all the details and to determine where the threat is. Joe is expecting to get married within a few weeks time. His girl Julie, is staying behind finalizing her second book before it's made into a tv movie and also has teaching to do and classes before the wedding in a few weeks time. They just signed on a house and will have two weddings: one in NY and one in FL. They go to their resources and find many clues and leads and investigate them, detail by detail. Much action and adventure as they get closer...you won't know til the end if they are successful. Suspenseful, scary at times as this is our life today in the USA. Never realized how much detail went into a cops funeral-we had opted out from much of it. Story also follows the perp as he dodges being caught. We learn more about his life over the years...Especially like how some abbreviations are given what they mean within a few sentences of first being brought up. Never knew about the way the casket faced in the church before! Descriptions are so detailed it'd be too easy to turn this into a tv movie! Never saw the ending that occurred! At times there seems to be a lot of people but they become clear during the book. This book kept me up at night reading and on a weekend-I never do that! Love that I learned a lot of new things, understood what was going on and Like turn by turn driving directions so we can follow along. all the mystery and adventure and action along with a good story line. Twists and turns! I can tell from some references to how others had met that the prior books in this series would go into more detail about the circumstances. Can't wait to read more of them. Met via Facebook and was given a review copy and this is my honest review.