jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Delicious 200-Calorie Dessert Recipes: Perfect for Your Sweet Tooth and Waistline! - Sarah Spencer

Delicious 200-Calorie Dessert Recipes: Perfect for Your Sweet Tooth and Waistline! Diabetes diet dessert cookbook by Sarah Spencer
I am not one to count calories as I stick to a meal plan but thought I'd see what the book offers.
Like the idea of the introduction telling you how to use fat free items and what to use rather than sugar and fats.  Also tips on not to overbake or overmix. Love the list of ingredient substitutions!
Each dish has a title, servings, prep and cooking time along with a color photo.
List of ingredients and how to make the dish and also nutritional information that includes calories, total fat-not broken up into good or bad, carbs, dietary fiber, sugars and protein.
Like the ideas in this book because you can make the portions small and you can make one dish for all the guests that are due to show up. Pumpkin nut bread would be one I'd try.
Special section for chocolate desserts. Hmmm healthy chocolate chip cookies-worth a try as the ingredients are a bit on the healthy side.
Great carrot cake, my favorite and the ingredients are on the healthy side also.  Other works by the author are highlighted at the end.
A KEEPER!