jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Destined, a novel of the Tarot - Gail Cleare

Destined by Gail Cleaire
Wasn't sure I was going to like this book but loved the writing style of another of the author's books.
A bit out of my comfort zone as I know nothing about Tarot cards and the fortune tellers but enjoy reading and learning.
What I loved about this book was Emily who is trying to be strong and powerful walks away from a job where they want her to do things she really wasn't hired for. Bravo for just walking out the door.
Which leads her to more job interviews where she comes across a curio shop and is hired on sight. Henry and her seem to have a bond through visions and other events although they've never met.
She's now the manager and in charge of getting the rooms in shape so they can open the shop or rare and antique things to be sold. She goes above and beyond while meeting his other clients and associates.
Love that she is able to help others in need and works with others she doesn't get along with to benefit the shop. Love the festival of sorts as the whole community work together in that feat and many other things to help one another make a success of their businesses.
Like clash of some as they do come together. Especially love the discussions of different kinds of power and are able to implement them and that the discussions are so today concerns of climate changes.
There are so many the book follows, male love interests, shop owners and their families and the spirit world. Didn't care for sex scenes, seemed to be a bit rushed and not that deep of a relationship.
Love how each chapter starts out with a step or symbol and it's described in words that you can use in today's world although they may not have been in the original 1700's tarot card decks (the way I understand it).
Received this book from the author and this is my honest review.