jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
The House on Honeysuckle Lane (An Oliver's Well Novel) - Mary McDonough

The House on Honeysuckle Lane by Mary McDonough
Have read many other books from the author and have enjoyed them all.
This book starts out with Danny and he's been in charge of his mother prior to her dying and through her death and afterwards. His two sisters, Emma  and Andie don't live in the same town but do travel in afterwards to help with the estate.
Things get out of hand and with the pressure some things are said that shouldn't have been and puts them on edge. One sister is thinking of returning and maybe living in the house, others want to sell it and divide the proceeds.
Interesting how they all work together at times getting the job done. Others in town really confuse the reader at times as to who they are and how important to the story line.
Chapters also go back in time and that also confused me. Wish this book was broken up into 3 books-each having their say as to what was going on in their lives at the time.
Love that this occurs during the Christmas holiday season and how they all cherish the traditions. Twists and turns make this a good read.
There are divorces, children and all their problems among the catering business, the publishing business and the financial business.. Never a dull moment and you never know how it will end up.
I received this book from The Kensington Books in exchange for my honest review