jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
The Truth About Cancer - Kelly Strenge

The truth about Cancer by Kelly Strenge
Wanted to read this book because we do have young children in our family and with odds of somebody getting cancer the book would be able to prepare us in how to talk to the kids. I am terrified of cancer myself and I think children would be able to see that in how I talk to them.  This book would make it easier.
What I like about this book are the colors on the pages-they are not vibrant and brilliant, they are calming with muted tones to help relax you.
The story starts out by reading to your child about what cancer really is, showing parts of the body and what is happening inside but in a way as not to scare the child. There are so many inspiring, positive thoughts in this book it reinforces that others are also around to help you.
Enjoyed this book for such a devastating diagnosis because you have to have faith and hope. I was afraid to read this book thinking it would terrify me even more. Glad I got over the fear and read it through to the end as it's calming and filled with faith and hope through the stages.
I received this book from the author and this is my honest review.