jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Here's to Us - Elin Hilderbrand

Here's to us by Hilderbrand_ Elin
Have read and enjoyed other works by the author.  Book starts out with Decan and his dad Jack and they are going on an adventure trip just themselves. They end up at Nantucket Island.
The country club where they get whatever they want... as the day slips into nightmine they have left the island.
John Buckley is in charge of gathering all the women together because his friend , the famous chef has died and it's up to him to contact the family-there are a lot of women from previous marriages.
As the executor he's not finding good news in the paperwork-he's broke!
Recipes included as the story follows those women involved and their children as they gather at the island house...
Chapters go back in time when he had met and dated and married and events of them breaking up. Hard to follow at times as I am listening to this on tape and there are so many characters, they meld together.
Lots of lies, secrets, catching cheating spouses, drama, sex and island life that goes back in time to the present and everything in between. I feel each set of the family could've had their own book.
Recipes included.