jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
[ The Mistletoe Promise - Street Smart by Evans, Richard Paul ( Author ) Nov-2014 Hardcover ] - Richard Paul Evans

The mistletoe promise  by  Evans_ Richard Paul
Love this story of how two people who work in the same building, he a lawyer, her a secretary at different companies meet for lunch and she agrees to his proposal to be friends,
spend time together til just Christmas Day. They are not to pry into each other's personal life.
He must have studied her a lot because he starts off giving her gifts, flowers, candy, scarves-very expensive ones and she likes the time he's spent on her. She's to accompany him to work dinners and any engagements she wants him to be with her.
Love the easy going conversations. Elise's divorced and has been alone for years so she treasures the time they spend together during the holidays. Love how Nicholas spoils her with gifts and travel, NY at Christmas sounds like a treasure!
Story goes back in time to when she was married to Dan and had a little girl...She's getting used to Nicholas and knows he would drop her if he knew her past. She also found out he cheated on her with her best friend. Love how Nicholas helps with the baking of the pies.
Tears come to my eyes when I find out what happened and you pray she finds the right guy to be with. Sad but joyful story.