jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Under A Harvest Moon - Joleen James

Under a Harvest Moon by Joleen James
Not only did the title get me but the summary=grape vintners. Love learning more grape things, so technical out of all the books I've read none mentioned the refractometer and technical things like brix.
Book starts out with Phiilip who is elderly and he has a man that works the vineyard for him. He dies in the field and in his will he's stated his daughter must live there for 90 days.
Others run the vineyard but she is the only one who can make the decisions as to what to do in certain cases. She brings her son with her and the housekeeper tends to him. Her ex husband has also tracked her down and as always he's only there for the money.
Find it odd Daneille must hold his keys and wallet and anything else that will allow him to escape while he has the child overnight. She wakes up early at 3am and Nico the production manager shows her what he's working on. Love the discussion of the grafting!
They also have play time and there are many hidden family secrets...
Just when they are getting closer to one another she hands him the letter her father left and there's one for her also.
Things become complicated and they split in many ways, never to be together again...
So many different angles, I'll be thinking of this book for many months to come.