jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Deadly Encounter (FBI Task Force #1) - DiAnn Mills

DEADLY ENCOUNTER BY DIANN MILLS
This book starts out with Stacy, a vet who volunteers to ride the airport perimeter on the weekends. None of the other volunteers are free that day so she heads out by herself on her horse.
She finds a scene, a man, motorcycle down, a lab and a clearing where a drone is sitting. Alex is the FBI agent who is investigating the scene and he continually asks her the same questions over and over and that riles her as she has other things to do that day at her animal hospital.
They finally get a break when she realizes his accent and what locale he's from and he recognizes hers.
Story also follows Whitt and his dad. Whitt works for Stacy and she holds onto his money for college so he won't give it to his drunk father. Stacy wants to adopt Whitt as he's only 12 and bring him up better than his parents. She also tries to teach him about God but he's too hurt to understand...
Also follows Alex and the leads he gets with the investigations. God is present in all the characters but some to a lesser degree, some to a stronger degree.
More threats to her life and more mysteries arise...
Interesting read as I learned new things: airport ranger and bio terrorism. Love all the charity and volunteer community work involved throughout the book by many.
So many twists to this tale as the story goes on. Like this new series and hope to read more.
I received this book from The Book Club Network (bookfun.org)  in exchange for my honest review.