jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Tea Shop Folly (A Teacup Courtship Novella) - Carrie Fancett Pagels

Tea Shop Folly (A Teacup Courtship Novella)
Have read other works by the author and have enjoyed them.
This one is from a tea cup series-this being my first one I thought it sounded like a  good story and it's about tea. I love tea.
Starts out with Lily and she's been taking care of her ailing mother and the rest of the siblings-girls with names of flowers similar to hers. She gets a note that her great aunt has passed and left everything to her.
She travels to Michigan and talks to the lawyer and gets things in order. She finds out she was very wealthy and had thousands of tea cups and saucers which she will inventory and send to a cousin who has a tea shop. Lily goes a bit crazy spending the money as her aunt wanted her to and donating some even.
Story also follows Theo and he's an engineer with the locks of Lake Superior. Loved learning about locks for ourselves as we climbed through them in upstate NY. He's in a boarding house til he finds out his mother is about to appear, to what she hopes is a summer rental house.
He doesn't have the means to do that and he befriends Lily and stops by thinking she has a tea shop. He helps to set up the garden area for one. Many other visitors all get the wrong idea and think she's taking customers away from their boarding houses and tea shops.
Love the words and different meanings of the word folly to realize what it was meant to in the story.
How things are so misunderstood but how things are set right. Easy to keep track of the characters and there are a lot of visitor's and even the cops show up.
Through prayer they may get through it all. Light reading for this novella.  Other works by the author are highlighted at the end.
I received this book from The Book Club Network (bookfun.org)  in exchange for my honest review.