jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Feel The Heat (Rockford Fire Department Book 1) - Kathryn Shay

Feel the Heat
This book starts out with Fransceca and she's saving the life of a man who's unconscious from the fire in the building.
Alex thought it was a man that had saved him as he goes to thank her in the hospital. He soon is giving her food and everything else she wants, she had saved his life.
They get along very well til she learns who he is and that he knows her mother-the woman who left them when Fran was very young and she's attempting to get back into their lives again.
Fran just wants to do her firefighting job as she's now been accepted into the family at work but during her 2 month time off to heal the broken bone she does go out to eat with Alex... she's from the working class and he's from the other side of the tracks and she sees what that did to her own parents.
Love all the fire fighting talk and how things happened, the investigations and how they determine the causes. Enjoyed the jokes and facts about firemen.
Travel and locale of Rockford is very appealing=can just picture the town in upstate NY they could be referring to as we have relatives there-very nice area.
Enjoyed learning more about the career and how it started at the visit to the museum. I feel like I've been there-so descriptive.
Alex wants more than just being friends and she's upset because she really wants the same but he leaves...will they get back together and hash it all out?
Her mother wants a second chance....hot steamy sex scenes but really enjoyed the fire mysteries more and learning new words.
Can't wait to read more from this series. Excerpt from Risking it All is included at the end. Other works by the author are highlighted at the end.
I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.