jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
The Mermaid Collector - Erika Marks

The Mermaid Collector by Erika Marks
Have read many of the authors other works and have enjoyed them. This one starts out in the present day and she is finishing up her sculpture of the mermaid. It's a big commission. Tess is back with Peter and Buzz maintains the cottages.
Tom Grace shows up and is given the keys to the lighthouse keeper's cottage a gift from Frank. Only he, Buzz and Frank know of what's happened. Dean is now incapacitated and Tom tends to hes every need. He looks forward to the new adventure and maybe even a local job as he's a school teacher.
Then the book goes back to 1877 where we learn of the legends surrounding Cradle Harbor Maine and the mermaid festival, etc.  Lydia and Linus are taking care of the lighthouse, she is relieved he will not be on the sea and her nightmare might go away...she's not able to have babies either...
Alternating sections from the present to the past make this book like actually having two books in one and you hope they will connect with one another, down the road.
Love learning about mermaid purses and hearing of the wind chimes and their connection to the mermaid song... Love hearing the legends and being so close to the water and what it all encompasses.  Love the DASH!
Beautiful magical majestic stories. Q&A at the end along with discussion questions.
Won this is a contest.