jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Starlight on Willow Lake (The Lakeshore Chronicles) - Susan Wiggs

Starlight at Willow lake by Susan Wiggs
Saga of the Bellany family. I think I've read all of them and appreciate how the author brings you up to date without telling you everything-taking up 80% of the book.
This one starts out with the 3 children and they are spreading their dad's ashes when they get a call about their mother having fallen down the stairs. It's now up to Mason, the oldest to step up and take care of their mother, Alice.
The family is at their wits end as to who to hire to tend to the older woman who's wheelchair bound. Faith is a widow with 2 kids and she's late for the interview. Mason sees her in action as she helps a motorcycle accident man who was very lucky she was around at the time.
Story goes back in time to when Mason joined his father in Paris, along with his mistress. Faith thinks the old woman had tried to kill herself...and then Mason learns of the day his father died...Alice helps the youngest girl to learn to swim as they bring Alice into the lake.
Mason and Faith are getting closer together as they discuss Alice's recovery and possible cure...Mason's girlfriend Regina is high class and he needs to talk to her...
Love excursions they take Alice on-so caring!