jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Girls' Weekend - Cara Sue Achterberg

Girls' Weekend by Cara Sue Achterberg
Book description sounded interesting enough for me to request this title for review.
Starts out with three woman in the same town who are friends with one another due to spouses or children and they decide to have a girls weekend.
As each gets their own alternating chapter we understand why they are questioning their happiness as time goes on and wonder what it would be like to start all over again.
What I like about this book is that they actually go for the girls weekend and are able to discuss openly about their feelings and how others see them. Each thinks the other couples are fine with one another and there are no problems.
It's going to be hard to go back to their homes come Sunday...
We learn otherwise. What I also liked is that each has a different problem and I can relate to many of them over the years past. What is really interesting is how they tackle their problems.
Never had such a weekend but sounds like a fun idea.  Really good read and can't wait to read more from this author.
I received this book from Net Galley via the publisher The Story Plant in exchange for my honest review.