jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
One For The Road - Lynne Marshall

One for the Road by Lynne Marshsall
Entered the contest so I could maybe win a copy. The story line sounds right up my alley as hubby and I have talked about touring the US in an RV or similar down the road in several years.
This will help prepare me for what we can expect-I won the contest. One thing puzzles me because being blind I don't drive so if something happens to hubby who will I get to drive the vehicle-similar to the storyline in this book.
Looking forward to the break in reading where most of the women are in their late teens or young adult stage. This one is about one who's over 40 with that stage of problems.
Book starts out with D'Anne Palmer and she's stranded in Nashville, TN after her husband has passed away. All she has left is the RV and no income to make it back to CA where her sons are. She gets an idea to rent out the RV and she goes with it as the driver. She makes a list of rules...
Lots of mysteries surround the RV and missing money as she agrees to take Tyler and the other band members to locations where they have gigs over the next several weeks. She had not seen the breakin's coming... Sections of the chapters are from Tyler's point of view making the story more interesting as he's also discovering things about her and the things he finds-so many secrets... Lots of twists and turns as the mystery is solved...
What I really liked about this book is 1. it takes me places I've yet to travel to, experience for myself, 2. bit of romance and sex and 3. learning new things-especially about the recording and music industry.
All around good read! Will be looking for more by this author.
I won this book from the author and will review it using my honest review.