jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Silent Sentry - Theresa Rizzo

Listened to this book as an audiobook so some of the characters names will be as I listened to them being spoken.
Story starts out with Giana and she's come back to her fathers house that she's housesitting to find an intruder, on her computer.
She ends up waking up in the hospital and Joe, a doctor comes to her aid-he will take her to his house, his parents are due home the next day and he's got time off. He's an old family friend and he knows many detectives who can figure out what's going on.
We learn a lot about their prior relationship over the years-she was infatuated with him.
Story also follows a group of others who want her knowledge, what's on her computer. If it goes public it will revolutionize the health care system.
Giana had grown up and specializes in nursing and to keep on her father's good side she works at the less traumatized center where she'd not see many gang shootings. She changes career choices and gets a degree in computers also and combines her knowledge to create Prometheus, the health program she hopes will sell.
Fast paced action, never a dull moment. Love the detailed descriptions of the area as I've only seen scenes on the TV. Love how the neighborhood watch out for one another and their younger children on their way home from school every day.
Sad, the day he lost his wife Maggie.  Some assaults appear to be targeting her, others target him so Pat Sullivan the detective has a lot of different leads and suspects. Joe attempts to help sometimes putting him in harms way as he bodily tries to shield her. With the assault she's left deaf in one ear and he is pretty sure with the damage she incurred she will never hear from that ear again.
Steamy hot sex scenes enhance this book and that leads to other inhabited.
So many intertwining parts to this but easy to keep track of it all, Few characters-easy to keep track of everyone.
Love all the charity work for the area. Love all the extra details about the writing of the book.