jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
No Safe Secret - Fern Michaels

No Safe Secret by Fern Michaels
Book starts out with Maddie and she and her twin and mother live in FL. It's her senior prom and she's all dressed up and dances getting into the spirit of it all.
Things don't go according to plan and she's dragged to the bleachers....the details are fuzzy in her head as she leaves town with all the money she has in her pocket.
Chapters alternate to her now present life-as Molly and she had married a dentist and raised his twin boys and their daughter in MA. She's got such high quality all around her-her house, cars, even her dress.
In her new life we also find out how they met and the deal he made. There are also glimpses of her past-love the part about Christmas cookies and decorations-fond memories for me also.
There is a dark side to this book and she feels it any time she doesn't live up to his expectations and they are high. Along with drinking and the boys behavior towards her, and their drug issues it's a wonder she survives at all.
Key secret is with her always, every place she goes and I have a feeling she will bring it out in the open to get revenge of the past who did her wrong.
Very hard time putting this one down to do chores!  Like where this book leads to... very powerful read!
Amazes me how the author can get this story out there with so few pages and it means something.
I received this book from The Kennsington Books in exchange for my honest review.