jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Who Do You Love - Jennifer Weiner

Who do you love by Weiner_ Jennifer
Have read the author's other works and have enjoyed the books. Starts out with a chapter by Rachel. Her friend has showed up in her apartment to clean it and to help Rachel with herself.
Then back to 1985 and we find out about Rachel's heart condition that she was born with.
Like how she befriends a girl who's dying and she sneaks out into ER to find funny things to share with her. She meets up with Andy who's there with a broken arm. She tells him of her Grimm stories, not the fairy godmother ones.
Story then switches to Andrew (Andy) and what he goes through growing up with just a mother...
His father was black and his mother is white and they live in the black neighborhood and he can't understand why people treat him bad.
Alternating chapters as the kids grow up til they meet again. She's had it really good and he's had to struggle for everything.
They are volunteering and they get more time to spend with one another.  A misunderstanding almost breaks them up but she can't get her parents to help her get to Philly to visit him.
Hes in track and field and she's a book reader and they want to take her overseas for a trip after high school.
What I like about this book is the feelings they have for one another even though it's been years since they've spent any time together. Hot steamy sex scenes.
They take their college days seriously...she's doing social work and trying to help those less fortunate and he's concentrating on running-for the Olympics....
And 9/11 hits...bring them together....and breaking up....and each goes their own way....