jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Earnest - Kristin von Kreisler

Earnest by Kristin Von Kreisler
This story starts out with Jeff and Anna and they've dated for 3 years and live together in a condo in the Northwest.
They decide to pick out a dog, Earnest and they divide their days with each spending time with the dog. They live as a family.
Jeff is an architect and is designing a new project for a house in town that he hopes will get the permits to demolish so they can rebuild a new facility to hold his girls' shop along with her two friends shops.
Problem is there is a fire, the dog gets hurt and Anna and her friends find out his project wants to destroy the house their businesses are in.
Anna won't listen to what he has to say and he leaves and she's left with the condo. She even takes steps to legally get Earnest. The dog also has some chapters where you understand what is happening to him during the separation.
Can they ever find it in their hearts to at least listen to one another, for the sake of the dog even? So many times of remembering how they met, certain events they attended throughout their years as it tugs on their hearts.
Loved all the flower classes and descriptions of the parks they frequent and his career and all he has to go through. Funny touching scenes when using online dating sites they meet.
I received this book from The Kennsington Books in exchange for my honest review