jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Beaches: A Novel - Iris R. Dart

Beaches by Iris Rainer Dart
CeeCee and Birdie meet at the beach when CC isn't able to find her mom. She's a dancer on stage and she can also sing.
CC heads to the west coast where she becomes a big star on the stage. She keeps in contact with Birdie...
Birdie meets up with CC when she comes back to do shows in the summer. The manager notices Birdie and offers her a job. CC is very jealous as she is the one that is the star.
She has sexual fantasies about John the manager til she finds out Birdie has had sex with him and Birdie informs her of her mothers death.
Hard to follow at times as each sends letters or newspaper clippings and you don't really know who it's about til the signature at the end. Birdie moves onto her mothers college-to find a guy to wed.
CC marries John who will send her also to voice classes as she's still a big star.  Over time they are each alone, one is pregnant and all they want is a man to take care of them.