jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Snow Deer and Cocoa Cheer - Joanne DeMaio

Snow deer and cocoa cheer by Joanne DeMaio
Wanted to read this book because I've read all the other works by the author and they just keep getting better and better.
Book starts out with Jane March and she's making her special Christmas greeting cards with added New England magic.
She's at her mother's farmhouse with a broken left arm while she's still able to design her Christmas cards with her right arm. She needs to get in the holiday spirit to continue to work.
Story also follows Wes Davis, he's the mailman and he runs into Jane when hand delivering her mail. He had no idea her arm was in a sling. He just wants to get his mailrun done, his schedule.
He's to be married in several weeks...his brother is Jane's orthopedic doctor.  He soon learns she has called it off and he plans to go to CA during the holiday season, to avoid all the questions about the break up.
Jane's mother may have the solution to her design block and gives her a list of things to do to get her in the holiday mood. Wes can help drive her.
Love hearing of the event on The Green and new words-that I actually look up online. Love learning new things and about others careers.
Whittling sounds like one would need a lot of patience, as in designing greeting cards. Precious scene with Wes's hands and Jane's on top showing and feeling how to whittle. Seems both parents are gearing their kids up to follow in their footsteps, in their own way.  Love the time Wes shares daily with his dad, priceless!
Love how they help out one another for each of their businesses.  So many scenes are revisited from past books by the author. If you've never read them you can still catch up with the events that take place: boat parade is one of my favorites.
A keeper! This story puts me in the mood to want to decorate this year, thanks!
I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.