jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (An Adams Grove Novel) - Nancy Naigle

Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies by Nancy Naigle
This book starts out following Kasey and her son at a parade before Jake heads off to kindergarten in the next few days.
Her sister Riley is visiting and will return to celebrate Kasey's birthday. Kasey's husband Nick died in the war. She has started to see the sheriff Scott but there's no sparks, they remain friends and she hopes he sees it as such. Jake was kidnapped once and Kasey's not gotten over it yet.
Story also follows Cody, a country western singer on the road and he plans to catch up with Kasey as they've remained friends.
He sometimes tires of being on the road... the band buses land at Kasey's due to the hurricane coming up the coast so they have time to spend with her. She's a photographer and heading up to Arty's party.
Lots of twists and turns in this book but easy to follow.
The buses head back home as the commercial in TX has been cancelled. Kasey works on a spreadsheet timeline of events that happened and Cody is to fill in his section for the lawyer, her bffs husband, Von.
Kasey spends a few days at his house near Nashville and the thing I like most is Cody is down to earth with his possessions. A lap pool in his house, zipline from the top of the hill to the outside pool. His expansive ranch. Always wanted to go zip lining and it's on my to do list, someday.
He doesn't flaunt his things in front of others.  Love how her photography and that of friends help solve the case.
Understand the meaning of the title now, you won't find out til the end...
I received this book from a contest I won.