jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Watched Longmire where Walt is interviewing candidates for the job position and he asks others about this book and what decision they would've made.
This one is about Lenny and George. Lenny will do anything George says and that gets him in trouble. Lenny liked a red dress a girl wore and he just wanted to touch it. When she yelled he wouldn't let the dress go and that leads them to running away for their lifes.
They walk to a ranch to work and Lenny likes a puppy. George knows if there is a girl involved they will end up having to leave again....the boss has a wife with a roaming eye....
The men hope to run their own farm where they grow the crops in Salinas Valley with a garden and animals and paradise to them.
Lenny doesn't realize how strong he is and many small animals end up dead when he's playing with them. The bosses wife shows up in the barn and she takes Lenny's hand to her hair and he won't let go and she's frightened.
Its up to George to set things right...