jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Nantucket - Nan Parson Rossiter

Nantucket by Nan Rossiter
Have read many of the authors other works and have enjoyed them. Love how the book got it's cover and what it means.
Starts out with Liam who has taken over his uncles boat building business on the island after he passes away. He had raised him after his parents died and he knows the business from all angles.
When he was a teen he met a woman Arcadia and they dated for a bit but she left the island. Coop always warned him she would be trouble as her money and high class status was from the other side of the tracks.
Life goes on for Liam and his dog and cat in the house his uncle refurbished by hand. Love all the talk of what he does in the business using his hands and the terminology of his craft and tools. Love learning new things along the way.
Such  a touching, caring story. He does meet her again He talks to her to find out why she never answered his calls or letters. She's got a bigger secret she's kept from him over the years...and so much more.
It's all so fast and so many struggles to still overcome. Love the characters, how strong they are with one another and others as they enter their lives.
I received this book from The Kennsington Books in exchange for my honest review