jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Jewels - Danielle Steel

Jewels by Danielle Steel
This book is about Sarah and her life. Starts out when she is young and marries a guy in high society. She soon learns he is using her name and status to get what he really wants.
They divorce and the parents are lucky to drag her over to England where they attempt to set her up with a new interest, to no avail.
She ends up meeting a duke that acts like a regular guy and he's one she can talk to about world affairs. They end up marrying and she really wants the chateau in France on 10 acres of land.
The war takes them from each other and she misses her sister, brother in law and children, along with her parents. Love all the scenes of her fixing up the house where they will live, the war invasion and how she befriends the German soldier that delivers her 2nd child.
Happy and sad events as she travels, after the war to visit her mother in law...love how strong she is during the whole time under siege and after the war as she helps others heal from their wounds.
Like hearing of her design work and how her career took place....travels around the world.