jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
The Sea Keeper's Daughters (A Carolina Heirlooms Novel) - Lisa Wingate

The Sea Keeper's Daughter by Lisa Wingate
Whitney and her cousin run 2 restaurants but one is failing and has met with disapproval at every turn. She hopes there is still some hope to get them out of debt and to make a go of both, but in the meantime the second one remains closed.
She then gets notified her step father, Clyde is in the hospital off the coast of NC and she decides to go there to help with his estate and try to get his kids to care for him...
Love the mystique of the sea captains, their ships that have wrecked on the coast and the wild horses...
Love hearing of all the treasures in her parents house, so precious!  Fascinating to learn about the FWP, never knew of it.
Story inside of this other story are the letters from her grandmother's twin sister who she had no idea even existed. Loved hearing of the FWP and the places it took her and her daughter in the hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Facts about the sea turtles and how they are hatched are welcome new to me, information. Like references to Sandy's Seashell Shop and the story keepers saga.
She does have a decision to make about the property and she also has choices. Love how the stories are all connected.
I received this book from Tyndale via Edelweiss in exchange for my honest review.