jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
The Rumor: A Novel - Elin Hilderbrand

The Rumor by Elin Hildenbrand
This Nantucket book is about two bff's, one is a writer, the other is taking over the garden.
Madelaine is a writer with writer's block, her husband a pilot for local airport....Grace has lost the baby weight and is on track with the landscape designer, benton Co. She's married to Eddie, a real estate agent...
Hope is the younger twin of Grace and it's high school time and she's so far away from her twin, Allegra and has many things to use against her. Allegra has Brick as her boyfriend, which is Madeline's son.
Alternating chapters of all these people, it's a bit hard to keep track of from the very beginning but gets easier as their lives mingle with one another.
Before long the grapevine has started a rumor about Madelaine and Eddie....and other rumors about others as small town living at its best. everybody knows everybody's business....things really get out of hand over time but that's normal for a small ocean side community as the island I live on also....
Liked the book because it's about different generations of life on the island from their perspective. Held my interest.