jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Three Months in Florence - Mary Carter

Three Months in Florence by Mary Carter
Wanted to read this book because I will probably never get to Florence myself and wanted to learn about.
The book delivers the city to you and other places as well. There is also another story that starts out with Alex, the professor and how he meets up with Lena and after 16 years of marriage he gets the opportunity to teach in Florence, just him, not Lena and the kids.
She does meet up with him via the computer and he tells her of all he's seen and experienced and she is upset because they were to go there, had the whole trip planned out, for their honeymoon and now he's there by himself.
She has a meltdown and ends up in Florence and things take a drastic turn as she discovers his new life with out them. Things become heated even further entwined within the story of the city and it's culture. Twists and turns and you can't even see what is going to happen next.
Keeps you very interested in their story, from their past and about the travel. Really GOOD read.
I received this book from The Kennsington Books in exchange for my honest review