jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Under a Summer Sky - Nan Parson Rossiter

Under a Summer Sky by Nan Rossiter
Have read other books by the author and love that they take me to Cape Cod where things are yet undiscovered there for me.
With the beginning there is a page worth of the characters-there's a bunch of them but don't let that fool you. It's easy to keep track of who is who. Love the secrets that come out, not only of the family relationships but the adventures into known jaunts around the cape.
Book is broken up into parts where the first one is how Noah and Laney met in the early years. Next part is about Micah's wedding where they will hold it on Noah/Laney's beach front along with their 5 boys and animals. Noah is a minister and the book is religious in helping us understand why things are what they are.
Such an easy going read. Love the tradition of reading of the poems, so cool! Life and death go on as another summer comes, Laney is done teaching and all the boys are home-2 from college. They all go their separate ways during the day, home for dinner at night...
What I really like about this book is that every generation is going through life events and they are brought forward. So you have aged adults going through chemo, mid adults going through raising kids of all ages, young ones just finding love for the first time and a family wedding.
Other obstacles face them and are dealt with, as they are everyday issues that can mean life or death to some. Some family recipes are included.
 I received this book from The Kennsington Books in exchange for my honest review