jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Saving Mossy Point: In the Fifty-First State of Superior (Great Lakes Romances Book 17) - Donna Winters

Saving Mossy Point by Donna Winters
Captivated by the cover. Once I read the summary I knew this would be a good read.
Starts out with the new state of Superior and there is a state park that is need of saving as one in charge wants to sell it.
Betty has other plans and now that she's a widow she has a lot of time on her hands to do the work. She hopes to collect others who will donate their time in order for the park to have a folk school.
This is where they would learn different skills surrounding the area. If she can have the park run in the black this season he's agreed not to sell it right away.
Just within the first chapter I have learned what a lectern is and the device used to make a trail. Never knew the names and it's fun to learn new things. We are walkers and travel the northeast in search of fun places to walk and learn about the areas we visit.
She is continually asking God for guidance....love all the ideas and everything on the calendar to help promote the park and what it will offer. Problem is Betty's grandson stops in-from the west coast, unexpected and a neighbor falls on the park land and injures himself, threatening to sue.
Just when things are running smoothly, or so we think..... mayhem occurs and then some...
Easy going read and I appreciate hearing from different generations of characters in the book. So much is going against them keeping the state park.
Other works by the author are highlighted at the end.  Great blend of religion in this book, it's not overpowering or pushy.
I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.