jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Montana Bride: A Bitter Creek Novel - Joan Johnston

Montana Bride by Joan Johnston
Have read other works by the author and have enjoyed the books.
Carl has ordered a mail order bride and she has 2 kids. Problem is it's not their mother that accompanies the children to marry Carl.
Story takes us to where they are at the end of  their journey and the one with the children falls over a cliff and dies and the Chinese man helps the woman to learn about nursing, herbs ad medicine as she becomes familiar with the kids, who are actually older than Carl is expecting...
Henrietta just wants the children to grow up with a family and not in foster care or one where Grace would have to be a prostitute. Griffith likes to carve horse heads out of wood.
She had first seen his best friend Dennis and prefers him over Carl.... Carl sees that what she had written previously was not the case now: the kids seemed older, she seemed younger and the fun and joy and laughing was not what she portrayed in her letters.
Hot steamy sex scenes.   Book follows each of the kids, husband and the wife and some of the people that work at the timber yard. Lots of secrets come out...