jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
The Story Keeper - Lisa Wingate

The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate
Have read some of the author's other works and enjoyed the book. This one intrigued me to want to read it. It's about Jen Gibbs who is a book editor and we get to see just what it is she does on a daily basis.
Always wanted to know what goes on behind the scenes. She's recently broken up with her boyfriend Brian and she keeps the dog, Friday. She is so by herself that she carries on conversations with him. She had a manuscript put on her desk, unsolicited and she realizes it is from the slush mountain-the books they never get to read.
There is a note and it comes from NC. The book is about a Mohegan female and her life and it brings up memories for Jen as is is from the same locale.
Love hearing of the mountains and the editorial world. .gets a bit confusing at times as the book alternates from Jen and her life and the story of the female that lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The font style is different for both.
Jen and her friend Jaime attempt to find out who the author is, and she's pretty sure it's the same as the time shifters author. Problem is he is a loner and doesn't do interviews, etc and Jen isn't 100% sure it's the same guy, Evan Hall.
Her boss wants to know the answers also and sends her back to Looking Glass Gap to find out just who the author is ...
She does, in town, get to talk to one of Evan Hall's relatives and when she returns to the cabin she finds a few more of the chapters of the book, the story keepers. that woman she has plans to meet with in hopes to find out if Evan is the author...
She also gets to reconnect with her family and realizes how backward their lifestyle is and she's glad she was able to get away. The groups come together to help find a lost child. Love the communion box-so glad there is a 'box' in this book. Quite surprised to find out the true author as the clues get them all searching.
Handful of characters, easy to keep track of and glad to hear of the Appalchia people and ther lifestyle. Detailed descriptions of the sceneery was great! Love the story line. Also includes excerpt from The Sea Keeper's Duaghter, the next new book.
 I received this book from bookfun.org via Book Club Network in exchange for my honest review.