jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
The Denim Blue Sea - Joanne DeMaio

Denim blue sea by Joanne DeMaio
Love the author's previous works and when I heard of this new one I knew it'd be another good read and I was right.
Like this one right from the start as I live near the ocean and it has a calming effect on me. Can't seem to get enough of the scent either when we return home from travels around the US.
This book is about a couple that is to be married at Stony Point, CT and all their friends have over the years, summered there as well so it' s natural they come together. Also an aunt of the bride was invited-from Italy.
There are many wedding gettogethers and unplanned ones as well. We get to meet not only the main characters but their friends, spouses and kids. Memories of past summers also make an appearance to not only understand the secrets that are coming out but the lives of the people
mixed in with their current lives. Love how it's like a jigsaw puzzle as the pieces are all fitting together and at times you wonder if there will be a wedding at all. Journals from his dead brother all but the one he really needs...
Jobs and careers are an added plus here for me as both are made to sound so interesting and creative and there are so many details described. Love learning new things!
So many emotions, lost of loved ones, gaining new family members, wedding prep and teamwork amongst friends.
Reminds me of a happily ever after book but with the twists there is heartache and pain and happiness. Love how the characters all interact with one another over the years and seem at ease with everyone. Fun loving bunch of people wish I had this bunch for my friends. Love this book the best by the author and can't wait for other books.
I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.