jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
The Vineyard - Michael Hurley

The Vineyard by Michael Hurley
Wanted to read this book after hearing the title and I recall liking the author's previous book. This one is about Martha's Vineyard, an island in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of New England.
I grew up on an island and immediately connected to the characters in the book and like them I can see them on the island I was raised on, fitting right in.
Island life is like no other. This book starts out with 3 college friends reuniting for the summer months, all for different reasons. They do have the poacher in common, he's also known as the fisherman.
Love all the nautical descriptions and island life.  Love the turn of events that really turns the whole book around. Just when things are flowing along smoothly mayhem happens and you just don't see it happening.
Love the connections they share once they all hear of the past secrets, they do unite as a united whole and form an even stronger bond.  Tragedies and miracles make them rally towards one another as they get over the fears and troubles.
They are all out for one another, in their time of need.
I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review