jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Back in the Game - Lori Wilde

Back In The Game by Lori Wilde
Stardust, TX a new series! Story is about a pitcher who we learn has just lost his career due to a misunderstanding and lots of alcohol.
Also follows a woman who runs a bookstore and is a writer. He wants to write his story and hires her, after interviewing when there are others to apply for the same job.
They spend a lot of time together and we learn all their secrets, well not all of them. Especially liked how he drew her out of her comfort zone. I feel in a way, like her as I've not experienced a lot of things and they are on my 'to do' list, someday.
Ziplining sounds really fun and with a tandem it would even be shared with a loved one.  When we learn he wants to stop the book in process she doesn't cave in and they continue with the writing. Hot steamy sex scenes.
Love family events and how the others in the family come to her support. Love the story of the treasure chest and the hidden compartments and am happy to learn it continues in the next book. Love a mystery and the treasures that are hidden deep within.
The impossible happens and the team now hires his brother to pitch and it comes with a price and he has to make ends meet by tying up all loose ends. The story is very believable and I can really see things happening. Wish there had been more details of baseball during the telling. Loved all the stats.
I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.
0062311263