jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews
Public Secrets - Nora Roberts

Public Secrets by Nora Roberts
Emma Parker, as a child she was told from her mom of her father, the rockstar and they lived in London.
Jane drinks, heavily and threatens to kill the child and herself after telling the TV reporters why they were abandoned by the rockstar.
was taken by her father as a child and lives with her father Brian and his pregnant girlfriend Bev. Her mom always hit her but she's happy to have money now to do what she wants.
The rockstar band travels to America and the females join them as they tour around making it big.
Story also follows Jane, a new apartment, lots of clothes, drugs, men and she thinks she sold her daughter for too low a price.
The unthinkable happens: they attempted to give the boy a shot and then kidnap him but something went wrong and Emma alerted others of the events, she fell down the stairs and broke her arm. She's never been able to talk about that night but is still holding all the secrets inside.
Bev leaves her husband and Emma and takes up with other band members but realizes it was she who had failed them.
I felt the book was way too long but it does cover a lifetime of some in the book.
Story follows Emma as she's now an adult along with members of the band.  Surprised they were able to track down all the information about her toddler brothers death.