jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews

A Lone Star Christmas

A Lone Star Christmas - William W. Johnstone
A Lone Star Christmas by William W and J.A. Johnstone
This book first appealed to me because of the cover. It has snow and horses, blizzard looking. After reading the back of the cover I was convinced I just had to read this book. I've read other series of books about cattle runs and thoroughly enjoyed them.

The lifestyle, the hardships and having to
survive by what you did mattered.

Book starts out with a female who is traveling back home after visiting relatives and there's a mystery as to her birth mother. She meets up with a man who sticks up for her when she arrives and he handles the problem men in his own way.

He's left his past in Boston but proves himself to her father who gives him a job on the ranch. They part ways, her to find her bio mom and him to learn about cowboying.

Things are going just too smoothly for the ranch and the cattle drive but it will be in December and a different type of cattle than what they are used to.

The cattle even appealed to me as my dad was in charge of an experimental cattle here in our hometown when he was young.

A lot of different things happen in a specific order that play havoc on everything to follow. Revenge for things done in the past: sometimes to friends, sometimes to family that trigger events.

The weather plays a major part in all that happens, it's just so unpredictable in the winter to begin with. The book talks of many different types of storms.

The generosity of people overwhelmed me and made this a true Christmas book to read. Love the scenery, people, story line, time frame and had a hard time putting it down at the end of my day.

I do rate this a 5 and wish the rating system was higher as my rating would then be higher as well. As this is
the first time reading the authors I will search out more of their works and read them as I know I will not be disappointed in the books.