jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews

Circle of Quilters

Circle of Quilters - Jennifer Chiaverini Circle of Quilters by Jennifer Chiaverini
This Elm Creek Manor story is about the quilters of the manor. A few of the founding members want to leave and
they are faced with getting replacements.
Maggie has bought a quilt at the garage sale for $5 and it's one that is over 133 years old.
She brings it to the circle quilters and they can identify many of the squares. Love all the research she does by traveling to Lowell, MA where the woman lived prior to her marrying the owner of the mill.
She travels to Elm Creek to apply for the job of teacher.
Karen is another applicant for the job opening.
Love that the founders are still involved in the camp process and I recall their stories from other Elm Creek books.
Love the idea of cookies decorated like quilt squares-I can't even imagine the time it takes!
And Anna is a chef that wants the new job at the manor-it'd be a step up for her. She is also a quilter. Her love interest is going sour...
Russel is another the book follows. He and Elaine are runners and their goals turn to charities dealing with cancer. Elaine dies and he takes up quilting and also applies for the job at Elm Creek.
Gretchen is another applying fot the job. She's always wanted her own quilt shop.
Interesting to learn who they picked and why...