jbarr5

jbarrett5 book reviews, etc

I read a lot and post my reviews

Murder at the Breakers (A Gilded Newport Mystery)

Murder at the Breakers (A Gilded Newport Mystery) - Alyssa Maxwell A Murder at the Breakers by Alyssa Maxwell
Wanted to read this book because I am very local to this town. I've yet to visit this museum of a house, maybe this year.
Love banter between the woman, Emmaline Cross and her brother, Brady and how he finds himself always in a mess and she is always there to pick up the pieces.
He is a playboy and she works for the local paper writing for the society pages and is always invited to the best of the parties. Loved hearing of all of their everyday problems-just like regular people. Controversies of financial ruin, gambling, yachting to name a few of the happenings.
Love that the story follows the same streets and places we visit today in the city. When the murder occurs she must help solve it to clear her relative. She fancies a man who combine forces to help one another in each of their missions.
So many people but easy to keep track of and there is an excerpt at the end for the next book in the series-can't wait!
I received this book from The Kennsington Books in exchange for my honest review.